Friday, November 11, 2011

Figuring It Out

When I decided to take a year off, I had this vague notion that I would figure things out. You know, what I want to do, where I want to be, those sort of things. But mostly my time has been spent kind of running here and there and feeling less productive and strangely busy. And during those quiet times that I do find, I'm left wondering what the heck I'm doing.

But things are changing.

These last few weeks WWOOFing have been a godsend. The pace is slow and steady. The work is necessary but uncomplicated. People are real good. And today, fellow WWOOFer JC (Jean Christophe) put it real well, "Today is a good day; working in the shade, no leaches, no ticks." (Of course imagine this with a thick French accent.) That about sums it up. Things are getting pretty clear.

2 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

and my darling, you know why i love my life in the garden. namaste :)

Sarah said...

Oh, I totally get it Eco. Now I just need to figure out how to turn a black thumb to green. ;)