Thursday, November 24, 2011

I almost gave up on the Hunter Valley

The rain almost beat me. I wasn't even going to stop at a winery. But as I was being dutifully gps-guided to the coast, I passed a sign that perked me up: Wyndham Estates- where Australian Shiraz began. Shiraz happens to be my favorite wine, along with Malbec. And Wyndham Estates, well, I know I used to buy it at a liquor shop in Japan- the 555 wine. At this point on my roadtrip, it was only 10:30 in the morning but what better time is there to experience where Australian Shiraz began?
Entering the winery. Yes, this is taken from inside the car. You can see a giant rain drop- best I could do.
Breakfast! Thanks to Kim from Wyndham Estates for teaching me and sharing with me.
I bought a bottle each of these- along with an orange-infused dark chocolate at Kim's recommendation. And, oh heavens, it was a good choice.
Then back out into the rain.

1 comment:

EcoGrrl said...

Lovely! Happy thanksgiving!!