Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Second WWOOFing Gig: Tilba Tilba

(Another catch up post from earlier this month.)

I WWOOFed in Tilba Tilba (about 100 km SE of Canberra as the crow flies) from November 8th to the 15th. Just a week. Not long enough, I can tell you. The daily tasks were mostly grounds maintenance. The downside to the work were leaches, and the love of roses by my host, Tanmaya. I'd never seen so many varied types of thorns. But they saw me.

The landscape around the place was absolutely stunning as the pictures show. The pace of life around the house was ideal- work up till lunch, have time to eat and get cleaned up then either nap or lay in the sun or read or sit around the living room and talk about whatever comes to mind.

I really enjoyed my time in Tilba Tilba, and cannot thank Tanmaya and Roger enough. I only WWOOFed two spots in Australia but my experience leads to me wholeheartedly recommend it as a way to see and experience a place- getting to know people and seeing life in a different light.
Roger built the gate that leads to the house.
With all the plants around the house, this is about the clearest shot you can get of the house. 
I'm posting this picture because I simply adored the little shrub on the right- the one that looks grassy. In fact, it FELT grassy. Like grass on limbs.
View off the back porch. 
Tanny's love is roses but I was captivated by this beautiful little flower. 
Hi Roger! Hi Tanny!

5 comments:

Corinne said...

All of your latest posts make me want to move to Australia. I mean, who cares if there are strange deadly animals there, it's such an awesome place! I enjoy seeing your photos and reading your adventures, they're pretty damn cool, you lucky bastard.

Sarah said...

Thanks, Corinne! You know your photos of Oslo make me envious too. Just not the early sunset...... :)

EcoGrrl said...

haha, strange deadly animals. they have 'em here too but they're called possums & raccoons, heehee.

love this post the most so far - exactly the wwoof i'd like to do in a gorgeous locale!

now, onto more pix of strange deadly animals - or at least some cheesy mick dundee or croc hunter montage, ahhahaaaa

jaymo said...

Really nice post, shows off and compliments your hosts! Their place looks lovely.

LarsLars&Lars said...

Lived at this place for about 3 months back in 2000. It was such a lovely place, and Tanmaya was great. Had a blast.....

Wonder if the stone wall we build is still standing.... :)